Expo — August 14
How Tall is
Pikes Peak is 14,115' tall—the 30th (31st on some lists) tallest of Colorado’s 53 (54 on some lists) 14ers. The height was revised from 14,110' in 2002. Story.
Schedule of Events
Friday, August 15th (Memorial Park)
- 9:00AM-7PM: Packet Pick-up and Race Expo
- Ascent and Marathon apparel for sale all weekend
- 1:00PM: Elite Athlete/WMRA Press Conference
- 4:00PM: Virtual Race Tour and other videos (on screen on the stage)
- 4:30-7:00PM: Kiwanis Club Spaghetti Dinner, $12
- 5:30PM: Welcome; WMRA Presentation/general race information/Q&A Session
Saturday, August 16th (Memorial Park, Start Line)
- 5:30-7:15AM: Sweat check adjacent to start. Packet pickup (Ascent only)
- 7:00AM: First wave start at 600 block of Manitou Avenue. Runners #1-999
- 7:00AM: Toll road to Pikes Peak summit opens
- 7:30AM: Second wave start. Runners #1000+
- 9:05AM: Approximate time for first male finishers
- 9:25AM: Approximate time for first female finishers.
- 11:00AM: First shuttle bus from summit arrives in Manitou Springs.
- 11:00-4:00PM: Post Race Celebration; Memorial Park
- 12:00-7:00PM: Race Expo
- 1:00-7:00PM: Marathon Packet pickup
- 1:30 & 2:00PM: Finish line closes (1st & 2nd wave)
- 4:30-7:00pm: Kiwanis Club Spaghetti Dinner, $12
- 5:00PM: WMRA awards presentation
- 5:30PM: Ascent awards presentation
- 6:00PM: General Marathon race information/Q&A Session
- *Ascent Finisher shirts/results posted in Memorial Park
Sunday, August 17th (Memorial Park, Start/Finish Line, Soda Springs Park)
- 5:30-6:45AM: Sweat check adjacent to start; packet pickup (Marathon)
- 7:00AM: Start at 600 block of Manitou Avenue.
- 10:20AM: Approximate time for first male finishers.
- 11:15AM: Approximate time for first female finishers.
- 12:00-5:00PM: Post Race Celebration at Soda Springs Park
- 3:00PM: Awards presentation
- 5:00PM: Finish line officially closes
Kiwanis Club Carbo Feed
An ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT carbo feed presented by the Manitou Springs Kiwanis Club and open to all runners, families and guests.
Unlimited pasta and potatoes and all the fixings including dessert. Join other runners for some fun, good times and a great meal!
The cost is $12.00 per person and you may pay at the door.
Dinner proceeds are used to support:
- Local education & leadership projects for youth
- Local and worldwide concerns for young children
In this satellite image you can see the big white PPA/M expo tent!
City Hall in the 600 block of Manitou Avenue which is also the race start line. It is approximately 6 miles west of Colorado Springs.
View a Google Map in aseparate window.
Peak Buster’s - Ladies Only Event
Thursday, August 14 from 4:30 to 6:00 pm
Manitou Springs City Hall
Calling all female current and past runners, as well as female race supporters!
What motivates and moves you to train every day and do what it takes to finish a race? Write your favorite running mantra on the Peak Buster banner.
If your mantra is chosen as one of the judges favorites be one of the four to win a coveted Peak Buster t-shirt backpack. Rub elbows with fellow
Pikes Peak running mates. Chat with running experts as they share success tips and secrets. Get an insider's look at the behind the scenes runners'
support, and more with all the up to date info you need to have a successful run on race day during the Q & A with Ron Ilgen, race director.
Enjoy humorous personal stories and tales from past runners including the hilarious Sister Marion, Arlene Pieper Stine, Caroline Merrill and Jan Seeley.
This gathering of lady runners is a must for all female Pikes Peak runners past and present. Come fill your cup with stories, wisdom and get the support
necessary to successfully tackle PIKES PEAK for a truly PEAK 'MOUNTAIN TOP' EXPERIENCE. Light refreshments will be served, $5.00 fee (cash only) at the door.
The first 100 attendees and sign-ups will receive a hot pink/lime green wristband with one of the most popular runner's mantras. Please, no pets or children.
RSVP to Penny Bever, 719-685-1381 or Peakbusters@aol.com.
Pikes Peak Massage / Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy will be providing postrace massage:
15 minutes - $10.00, 30 minutes - $20
- Ascent, Memorial Park, 11:30 - 4:30pm
- Marathon, Soda Springs Park, 12:00 - 5:00pm
Cash or check ONLY. Payment is due at time of session or may be pre-paid. Cash or check only.
Massage is set up on a first-come, first-served basis. Should there be a waiting list prepaid
clients will receive priority. For pre-pay, include which day you want the session
(do not specify a time), your address and telephone number.
Make checks payable to: Pikes Peak Massage Therapy.
Mail check to: 1490 W. Fillmore St. Colorado Springs, Colorado 80904
Call Roger at 719-634-7347 for questions or information.
Lodging & Tourist Information
If you are looking for a place to stay in Manitou Springs, check out the Manitou Springs
Chamber of Commerce website under Hotels/Motels
and Bed and Breakfasts/Inns.
Remember, the race start is in the 600 block of Manitou Avenue so when looking for accommodations look for addresses close to that.
You can find additional visitor information and accommodations in the Pikes Peak region using the following:
Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce: 1-800-642-2567
Cool Stuff to do in Manitou Springs
Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce: 1-719-635-1551
Colorado Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau: 1-800-368-4748
- Shopping, if you can walk.
- Free showers for runners at Schryver Park pool.
Book a General Room at the Colorado Springs Marriott for $99.00 USD per night
Check-in: Wed Aug 13, 2014
Check-out: Mon Aug 18, 2014
Special rate based on availability until: Thur Jul 17, 2014
Book your group rate
Thank you for the opportunity to be of service, it will be a pleasure to have you and your guests here at our hotel! Please feel free to contact me at any time at 719-260-1800. We appreciate your business!